Kidcity is a B2B app, designed to connect kidswear retailers with manufacturers. As the app had been launched with an outdated design and unsatisfactory user experience, my task was to redesign it.
The key challenges with Kidcity's existing app included outdated visuals, a complicated invoicing system in the cart, and a lack of direct communication options. The time constraint to redesign over 50 pages in a month and the budgetary restrictions, given Kidcity is a startup, added another layer of complexity to these challenges.
To tackle these challenges, I started with interviewing stakeholders to understand the business perspective. Simultaneously, I conducted user interviews to gain insights into the retailers' experience with the app. These interviews were immensely helpful in understanding the pain points of the users and the expectations of the stakeholders.
I then redesigned the Kidcity app, focusing on creating a simplified and accessible design. I added features like a Custom Stepper Cart, a custom filter component, Sticky Contact Button and a city-based product catalog. Each of these additions aimed to improve user experience.
Brand & User research to understand audience & business needs and goals.
Define the Problem
Define problem and create user-centered solutions
UI & Prototype
Develop UI & prototype for testing and feedback
Conduct user testing and gather feedback
Refine prototype and iterate for improvement
Launch and Evaluation
Launch and continuously evaluate product success
In conclusion, the Kidcity redesign project was an enriching experience that allowed me to utilize my skills to solve real user problems and contribute significantly to Kidcity's success
Throughout this project, I understood the importance of balancing both user and business needs in a B2B application. I also recognized the value of minimal design, particularly for an audience not necessarily tech-savvy.
Each city on the KidCity platform had its own rules for taxes and minimum order values. This was causing confusion for users and was making the billing process complicated. Furthermore, users could only download a single invoice for all city orders combined, while they expressed a need for separate invoices for each city.